Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Food Truck Revolution - Vegan Style

If you, like me, have been envying the Truck Food craze but are disappointed that most don't offer a veggie option, there's no need to whine any longer (unless you enjoy whining)!  The newest Vegetarian Times mag has an awesome article called Munching on the Move, and in it you'll find mobile veggie food options from Portland, OR to Providence, RI.  I was bummed to find that there aren't any in San Diego, but then there's Seabirds in Irvine, CA (and other parts of Orange County when mobile)...and I'm up there often enough visiting with my Bestie that I'm sure we'll be hitting it up soon.  Check out their menu!  This place is perfect for gluten-free, soy-free and raw foodies as well.


***UPDATE:  After doing some research, I found that Green Truck has a location in San Diego!  Their menu is not 100% veggie, but they do offer a tasty looking Vegan Burger for only $6.  Check their website for locations around San Diego, Los Angeles and New York.


2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Thanks for posting this for me EM!! Can't wait to find the Seabirds food truck...let me know when it is around town and we'll head over to the OC for it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing Susanne! There's another one in LA that might be closer to you too - http://thefrankenstand.com/ If you ever get to try any of them out, let me know how you like them!

    ReplyDelete